Ideal for . . .
- Horses and ponies at rest to hard work
- Poor doers struggling to gain and/or maintain weight
- Horses and ponies requiring slow release, stamina giving energy
- Horses and ponies struggling to chew due to worn or missing teeth
- Horses with intolerances to barley, alfalfa and/or molasses
Benefits of Calm & Condition . . .
- High in fibre and low in starch and sugar
- A high calorie/energy feed – DE 12.5MJ/kg
- Controlled energy – fibre and oil provide excellent sources of slow release energy without the excitable behaviour often associated with higher starch diets
- Quick soak – soaks in 5-10 minutes
- Balanced with vitamins and minerals
- Contains a probiotic and a blend of prebiotics for healthy digestion
- Includes linseed – a good source of Omega 3
- Barley, molasses and alfalfa free
Calm & Condition is a high calorie/energy feed for horses and ponies that need to put on or maintain weight and condition. It is also ideal for harder working horses and some breeds of youngstock. Being whole cereal grain and molasses free it is higher in fibre and lower in starch and sugar than traditional conditioning feeds. The energy that Calm & Condition supplies comes from its high fibre and oil content which is an excellent source of slow release, stamina giving energy
Calm & Condition For Topline Without The Barley
Composition: Molasses-Free Beet Pulp, Wheat Feed, Nutritionally Improved Straw, Linseed Expeller (7.7%), Grass Meal, Organic Soya Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Di-calcium Phosphate, Mint, Fenugreek, Yeast, Mannan-oligosaccharides
Nutritional Additives (per kg):
Vitamins: Vitamin A (3a672a): 10k iu; Vitamin D3 (3a671) 1.5k iu; Vitamin E (3a700) 250mg
Trace elements: Iron: 45mg (Iron (II) Sulphate Monohydrate) (3b103) Zinc: 70mg (Zinc Oxide) (3b603) Manganese: 70mg (Manganous Oxide) (3b502) Iodine: 1mg (Calcium Iodate Anhydrous) (3b202) Selenium: 0.5mg (Sodium Selenite) (3b801) Copper: 20mg (Cupric Chelate of Glycine, Hydrate) (3b413)
Zootechnical Additives: Gut Flora Stabilisers: Saccharomyces cerevisiae (NCYC Sc47) 4b1702 1.25×10^10 CFU/k
DO NOT FEED DRY –THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS UNMOLASSED SUGAR BEET AND MUST BE SOAKED FOR 5-10 MINUTES BEFORE FEEDING. Introduce a new feed gradually over 7 to 10 days building up to the amounts needed to maintain condition and energy levels (0.25 – 5.0kg depending on size, type, workload and condition). Place feed in a shallow bucket, add twice as much water as feed, then stir. Wait for 5 to 10 minutes before feeding this product. Unmolassed chaff or soaked Fast Fibre can be added after soaking, if adding unmolassed chaff, stir well before feeding. This feed is not suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis. Fast Fibre could be a suitable feed, please call us for more information. Do not feed to sheep. This feed is made from natural ingredients, so may change colour slightly through the seasons, or take longer to soak. If the feed is not soaking quickly enough, please leave to soak for longer, or soak the feed in warm water, then stir, until it forms a nice soft mash. IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ: To get the best results from Calm & Condition, please make sure that you do not feed any other products that contain barley or molasses. Many traditional feeds contain barley and/or molasses which can cause excitability in some horses. Even horses that do not become fizzy as a result of these ingredients can benefit from a low starch and sugar feed such as Calm & Condition.